STC.UNM (STC) is a nonprofit corporation formed by and owned entirely by the University of New Mexico (UNM) to protect and transfer its faculty inventions to the commercial marketplace, and facilitate UNM’s role as a contributor to New Mexico’s economic development.
The Student Intellectual Property and Disclosures Assistant reports to the Intellectual Property Coordinator and Disclosures & Agreements Coordinator of STC.UNM (“STC”). Primary efforts are to assist the Intellectual Property Coordinator and Disclosures & Agreements Coordinator and the position is focused on maintaining all the IP files.
- Clerical file set up and file close
- Assist to create, update, and store documents into the database system
- Forwarding information and documents to inventors, licensees, and others (via Email and postal mail)
- Verifying information in the database is correct and accurate
- Work with inventors to obtain required signatures on declarations
- Assist with disclosure and patent assignment jobs
- Collect references to be submitted with the patent office
- Special projects and other assigned tasks as requested
Candidates for this position, at a minimum, should be starting their sophomore year in any major. Some experience working in a professional office preferred. Candidates for this position should be adept at computer skills, must have great organization skills, be able to manage multiple tasks, welcomes added responsibility and must be keen to detail. Candidates must be enrolled students at UNM for the duration of the internship and maintain a minimum 3.00 GPA.
Student internship is part-time (approx. 15-20 hours/week) at an hourly wage rate of $12 per hour. The employment period begins immediately with the possibility of continued part-time employment on a semester-by-semester basis. Candidates must be dependable with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Lobo Rainforest Building, 101 Broadway Blvd NE, Suite 1100, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (UNM Shuttle Bus Stop nearby).
Email your cover letter and resumé as an Adobe Acrobat (PDF), MS Word attachment or as plain text in the message body to Matthew Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Student Intellectual Property and Disclosure Assistant.”