Managing Business Risk
“Risky Business” Management – Simple tools to help manage the financial, property, and liability risks associated with owning a business. We live and conduct our business in a very litigious environment – the threat of a lawsuit, the cost of defending yourself against a lawsuit, and the impact on your business reputation can be devastating. In this workshop you will learn
• What is “risk management” and why it plays an important role in your business planning
• The various types of business liabilities facing small business owners
• Risk management tools and techniques for mitigating business liabilities
• Pitfalls of insurance and what you need to know about insurance agents or brokers
• “Best practices” for using insurance as a methodology for funding the risk of financial loss
Kent Paul is the President/CEO of K&L Risk Consulting, LLC and has 35 years of progressive insurance and risk management experience. From 1999 to 2012 he served as the Chief Executive Officer of AMERIND Risk Management Corporation, a national organization providing safety and risk management services to a diverse group of federally recognized Tribes for twelve years.